Updated November 10, 2023
The Shipping & Payment Dashboard provides comprehensive insights into shipping costs, shipping methods, and payment methods. Gain visibility into your store's shipping destinations, associated costs, and understand the prevailing payment trends for your orders.
Shipping & Payment Dashboard Elements
- Total Shipping Cost: Total shipping costs over the current period include the shipping costs with taxes, plus the handling cost. This total comprises only the shipping costs for orders with an imported shipping cost. Source: shipping cost import
- Average Shipping Cost: Average shipping costs over the current period include the shipping costs with taxes, plus the handling cost. This average comprises only the shipping costs for orders with an imported shipping cost. Source: shipping cost import
- Average Shipping Price: Average shipping price over the current period. The shipping price is what the customers paid from the shipping. Source: Shopify
Shipping Cost Coverage: Shipping cost import coverage for the current period is calculated as the ratio of the number of orders with a shipping cost import to the total count of orders with a shipping line. Source:
shipping cost import/Shopiy
Shipping Methods and Locations
- Shipping Statistics: This table presents the following Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) per shipping method: Orders Count, Average Order Value, Average Shipping Price, and Return Percentage. The displayed results cover the first 100 entries, but the complete dataset is available for download separately. Source: Shopify
- Top 10 Shipping Providers: Top 10 shipping providers by order count. The full list of providers is available for download separately. Source: Shopify
- Shipping Destinations: This view displays shipping destinations on the map. Hovering over a region with the cursor reveals a tooltip showing the order count and revenue (orders' total price) for that specific area. Source: Shopify
- Shipping Costs over Time: This line chart illustrates the total shipping costs, shipped orders, and shipping cost coverage over time. Shipped orders represent the count of orders with a shipping line, which may include pick-up orders. When comparing shipping costs across different time periods, it's important to consider shipping cost coverage—a ratio calculated by dividing the orders with an imported shipping cost by the total shipped orders. This ensures a fair comparison.
- Shipping Cost Statistics by Shipping Country: This table presents shipping cost statistics categorized by shipping country. Clicking on the anomaly count cell allows you to review shipping cost imports with unusually large or small values. This information can help identify potential inconsistencies in cost imports or shipping cost invoices.
- Missing Shipping Costs: The table displays all orders with a shipping line lacking a corresponding shipping cost import. Download the table as a CSV/Excel, input the necessary shipping costs for each order, and upload the file on the settings page to enhance the shipping cost coverage.
- Payment methods: Share of different Payment Methods by Count of Orders. Source: Shopify
- Payment providers: Share of different Payment Providers by Count of Orders. Source: Shopify
- Payment Statistics: This table shows KPIs (Orders Count, Average Order Value, Number of Refunds, Return %) on orders payed through different payments methods. Source: Shopify
- Payment and Shipping Associations: This chart reveals the most frequent combinations of Payment methods & Shipping methods among customers (based on Order frequency of particular Shipping & Payment methods combination). Source: Shopify