Welcome to Ellis Support Center!
Ellis Support Center is the source of all information needed to get familiar with Ellis and explore possibilities of data-driven D2C.
Support Center contains:
- Getting started with Ellis's instructions
- How to use Ellis examples for more advanced users
- Frequently Asked Questions
Getting started with Ellis
- Login page
- Introduction to Ellis
- Insights and notifications
- Basic actions
How to use Ellis examples
- How to analyze sales in a multi-store setup?
- How to segment customers and create an audience for targeted campaigns?
- How to create Product Performance Analysis?
- How to analyze Product Relations?
- How to forecast sales?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the main communication channel?
firstname.lastname@example.org - Through that email we will answer your questions or tickets regarding Ellis.
Is Ellis GDPR compliant?
Yes. Ellis's data resides in data centers located in the EU.
How long does the onboarding process take?
It's typically around a 1-week process. Active time required is less but data ingestion from various systems takes time. Additionally, we want to have some time to make data validation and necessary configurations.
Do you offer support services?
Yes, depending on service level. We strongly recommend including also growth and data analyst services on top of the Ellis platform. It helps D2C merchants to find immediate business benefits and educates the best on how Ellis can be used to.
Do you offer training?
Yes. Onboarding sessions contains training session for Ellis usage. Additional training sessions are charged separately.
Sales figures are different between Ellis (revenue) and Shopify (total sales) - why is that?
Ellis presents data more clearer and the change comes mostly from different return calculations. If you have multiple Shopify stores from different time zones or currencies, sales figures can also be affected in reporting.
1. Shopify's total sales includes the returns that have happened during the time period.
2. Ellis figure includes only the returns on the orders placed during the selected period. This clarifies your real revenue per selected time period, when returns have mapped to order dates.
With this type of calculation Ellis provides clearer understanding how your sales have really performed!
Can you customize Ellis's dashboards?
Yes. We can create customer-specific dashboards for Ellis.
Can I customize Ellis dashboards?
No, at the moment. But it can be done by our data team.
We have used our extensive experience in D2C to select dashboards and metrics which would provide the most value.
Can you build ML/AI-based visualizations to our custom dashboard for our specific customer need?
Yes. It is possible. Business problem discovery needs to be done first to evaluate the opportunity, analysis and development are separately charged according to the price list.
App called ''Fivetran'' appeared on the app list in my Shopify after we started to use Ellis. What is that?
When we are gathering data from Shopify we are using Fivetran tool to extract and load data to Ellis.
There are differences in Shopify and Ellis marketing data e.g. Google Analytics data. Why?Ellis is built to use both Shopify and Google Analytics marketing data, in addition to internal transformations and algorithms to create analyses.
There are many possible reasons for differences in results e.g.:
- Differences in how page reloads and unique visitors are counted. Google counts every page reload, but a browser doesn't count reloads of cached pages.
- Differences in how sessions are defined. For example, some analytics software counts search bots as visitors, while other software doesn’t.
- Customers can use browser extensions to block Google Analytics from tracking their site
It’s unlikely that identical tracking mechanisms are being used by each of the services, so your visitors aren't recorded equally. For more examples see Shopify documentation
As said, the more important is to follow trends than compare exact data from two different systems as tracking mechanisms are always slightly different.